- Education: Diploma or B.S.C in civil engineering
- Experience: minimum of 10 years as planning engineer (roadworks and infrastructure projects)
- Nationality: Any
- Can join immediately (preferred)
- Develop the most suitable and economically viable construction and engineering methods for projects.
- Planning engineer most be involved throughout the development stages, and present on site during the build to oversee procedures.
- It is the responsibility of the planning engineer to estimate a timescale for a project and to ensure that the outlined deadlines are met.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Proven working experience in civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as PRIMAVERA, AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Planning and project management skills.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
- A sound understanding of safety protocols.
- Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding project specifications and developing time schedules and budgets that meet them.
- Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best prices.
- Observing existing processes, analyzing staff performance, and addressing deficiencies accordingly.
- Monitoring and tracking project progress, and writing up reports.
- Attending and scheduling meetings as required.
- Delegating tasks and ensuring workers receive feedback.
- Understanding and meeting all contract requirements.
- Communicating with managers, supervisors, and the rest of the team.
- Analyzing technical drawings and providing material and cost estimates.
- Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budgets.
- Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
- Drawing plans; using specialised design software packages.
- Ensuring plans meet the client’s specifications.
- Making estimations for timescales and costs.
- Supervising the project at all stages and providing solutions to problems.
- Collaborating with site managers, surveyors, engineers, site worker and other professionals.
- Organising the transportation of materials.
- Ensuring procedures are carried out safely.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: BD750.000 - BD1,200.000 per month