Welcome to Botánica…we do things differently here.
- A new bar, restaurant & club in Bahrain, opened at the start of February 2023. Fast becoming one of the most popular nightlife spots on the island, we are looking to expand our team.
- Beautiful Mediterranean-inspired decor, a retractable roof, and a late-night party vibe, all under the shade of a giant palm tree; see Instagram botanicabahrain.
- Delightful Greek and Italian-inspired cuisine from the kitchen, alongside a cocktail bar with original signature drinks, house-developed ingredients and thoughtfully executed classic cocktails, see menu.botanicabahrain.com.
- Owned and operated by a Kuwaiti, Greek and British partnership with extensive experience of the hospitality industry, opening venues and building teams that people want to be part of.
- Botanica strives to be different; both for our guests and for our team. We constantly strive to reach international best practice in the service and product we offer our guests, and look to provide genuine, personal and memorable guest experiences.
- Botanica is a closely integrated multicultural team; 17 nationalities and counting, recruited from inside and outside Bahrain, balancing internationally recruited expertise with locally recruited potential.
- First and foremost we recruit on character. We look for people with hardworking, charismatic personalities that naturally get on with those around them, take satisfaction in a job well done, and most of all bring integrity, work ethic, and passion to work.
- We pride ourselves on the opportunities for personal development that we offer our people; we aim to ensure that those that invest their time and energy see those efforts pay off with their own professional growth
Requirements of the job: Senior Waiter
- We look for internationally experienced floor staff; those who have worked in reputable venues in developed hospitality markets for at minimum 2-3 years outside of Bahrain is a requirement for consideration.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a requirement
- Being experienced with a busy, party-oriented, alcohol-led service is a must. While we have great food, diners, and quieter periods where we can exercise our restaurant talents, fundamentally we are a nightlife venue, a fast-paced, high-adrenaline environment. Understanding of alcohol and specifically cocktail service is important, as is an interest in developing that knowledge.
- Our waiters are entirely guest focused; supported by their supervisor, their runners and their cleaners. In effect they are the managers of their section, and the custodian of the guest experience; they must have a genuine enthusiasm for guest interaction.
- The right candidate needs to be able to multi-task, have a keen eye for detail and importantly to handle pressure. Our sections are between 25-50% of the venue’s seated capacity, and would range between 30 to 60 guests; the ability to control a high level of service is essential.
- The full package including all allowances is BD475 (approx USD 1250) paid out each month.
- Includes a BD100 accommodation allowance which can be returned to the company in exchange for provided staff accommodation.
- Relocation flights from your home country to Bahrain & work visa provided by Botanica without cost to the candidate.
- Complimentary return ticket home provided after 2 years service.
- Extensive tips of course would be earned entirely separately to this package.