The Technology Summer Analyst participates in a 10 weeks summer rotational program. The program provides the knowledge and training necessary to play a valuable role within Citi; and take the first steps towards a long-term career here. The Summer Analyst receives real-world work, and is expected to add value to their teams during their time at Citi.
- Applies a fundamental understanding of current programming, multi-threading, and familiarity with basic concepts of relational databases as well as working knowledge of either C# or Java to design and build technology software solutions to meet business requirements.
- Swiftly troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to front-line businesses in a dynamic and fast-paced environment by utilizing an understanding of the capital markets and your technical skills
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Management Information Systems; or other tech related degree;
- CGPA/GPA: 3.0 and above
- A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business
- Commitment to personal growth and career development; a desire to learn; and success in team environments
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
You're the brains behind our work.You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Software Engineering Analysts to join the Technology team. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses— and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy.
Our Citi Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-office applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7....LessWe provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Summer Analyst Program starts in June with an in-depth education on the fundamentals of the Analyst role, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture. The program also includes on the desk training, an informative speaker series as well as networking opportunities. Summer Analysts often return to Citi after graduating from University to become full-time Analysts and continue their career in technology....LessYour time here will look something like this...As a Software Engineering Analyst, you will work in an agile software engineering environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on your understanding of business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding.
You will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
* Learn about best Enginering Excellance practices, Minimum Development Standards and Minimum Operational standards set and followed at CITI.
* Opportunity to work on a small project/Proof of Concept using Core Java/C#/.Net with a SQL/No-SQL DB as backend(Oracle/MongoDB/Neo4J/Redis/HDFS/Cassandra) and React JS/Angular based front end.
* Get basic understanding of latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks - Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on.
* Get basic understanding of event streaming/messaging systems using KAFKA or similar technology.
* Understand CI/CD with exposure to various software development tools like : JIRA, Zephry, BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy, Artifactory, Openshift(ECS/Docker)
* Exposure to Containers using Docker/Kubernetes...LessWe want to hear from you if...** You have a passion for Technology
* You have evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail and communication skills
* You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a desire to be successful in a team working environment
* You are graduating in 2024 and on track to obtain a GPA of 3 and above...LessWho we think will be a great fit...A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Effective communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
* Passionate about technology
* Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
* Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Positive attitude and keen to learn.
* Commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
We will begin to review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based Seef Area, Bahrain
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Family Group:
Management Development Programs
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting