New Product Development Manager - BahrainIs your mindset on innovation, and are you looking for a job where you combine theoretical know-how of food technology with hands-on spreadable cheese product development?
This could be your chance to join a large global company that takes natural products very seriously. We are extending the team based at our Manama production site in Bahrain, and you will have the chance to join a team of resourceful colleagues in the Spreadable Cheese Team. So, if you are a cheese lover and eager to take part in the development of tomorrow’s cheese, we would like to hear from you.Creating the cheese products of the future
We are currently working on the new products for the near future within cream cheese and process cheese globally. At the same time, we are looking into identifying new growth areas and new technologies. Besides the new product development focus, we also work on creating a stronger assortment by reducing complexity to increase speed to market while simplifying our Supply Chain.
The overall aim for your job is to develop new products and translate market demands into ready-to-use product recipes, through creative/impassioned product development.
- You will lead the product development (sub)projects from concept development to final recipe implementation and handover to production in close cooperation with many touchpoints in the organization. Meaning you will thrive to work independently and as a part of a team
- You will act as a ‘cheese expert’ within the cream cheese and processed cheese category by supporting the rest of the organization with technical know-how, product understanding & -functionality, and knowledge of the newest trends
- You will plan, lead, conduct, evaluate and document experiments from pilot plant to production scale
- You will lead and/or support cost/value engineering of new and existing products by working together with product management, supply chain, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- You will have a curious mindset to identify new opportunities for new NPD and cost reduction by using suppliers and other stakeholders as well as follow markets trends
Your assignments will include project management, recipe development, product testing, data collection, and documentation. You will have many touchpoints within Arla as well as with external partners and suppliers.A Scientist With Project Management Skills
You have a background within dairy, food technology or food science, or equivalent at Master’s level. You have a minimum of 2 years ’ experience from a similar position either within NPD or a related position, preferably in a production environment. We, of course, expect a good track record of success within product development. It is important that you are curious and have a creative approach, just as you need to be persistent to deliver your projects on time and budget.
You bring a solid knowledge about cheese formulation and processing, preferably in cream cheese, processed cheese, or dairy recombination processes.
You display energy and creativity, and you can see things in the broader perspective allowing you to plan and organize your daily doings accordingly. A flexible mindset is key, being open to changes and having the ability to work, at times, in ambiguous situations where your solution-focused drive creates results.,
You must be good at keeping an eye on details as well as juggling with several tasks at the same time without losing the overview. You are fond of spreadable cheese and take pleasure in tasting the products and presenting and engaging other people in the world of cheese. You are an open person that enjoys working with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, due to the international nature of the position.
As such, you must have good presentation skills and a strong command of written and spoken English.COVID-19 Notice
We are busy producing dairy products so we can continue #fillingtheshelves and #feedingthenation. Recruiting talent to Arla thus stays one of our top priorities also during these difficult times. Necessity is the mother of invention, so we have moved to virtual hiring and onboarding processes for most of our recruitments to enable candidates and our recruitment teams to get close while respecting social distancing. If at the final stages of a recruitment, a candidate would prefer to meet in person, we take all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.